Bakewell… Ancient capital of the Peak District
A quintessential market town in central England, Bakewell has the best of both worlds.
A thriving market town
Home to the world famous Bakewell Pudding
A popular year-round tourist destination
Close to an abundance of stately homes
Great location for a range of outdoor activities
Close to the cultural centre of Sheffield
We are located in the stunning Peak District National Park and situated on the edge of Sheffield, the fourth largest city in the UK. Our location enables us to;
- combine the thrill of the outdoors with an exciting and vibrant city experience
- weave some of the very best of what the area has to offer into our curriculum
- offer you a unique centre for learning
Bakewell is situated on the River Wye and famously known for its puddings, cattle market, Chatsworth House and an abundance of annual events. We are nestled in the heart of an area of outstanding natural beauty and the surrounding landscape incorporates;
- high plateaus and deep valleys
- caves and underground caverns
- rivers and waterfalls
- cloaked with beautiful pathways and rolling hillsides
Just a short distance away is Sheffield, a dynamic and innovative city where you will also spend some of your time.
Known as the ‘Steel City’, a title that was earned from its industrial heritage of the 19th century when it achieved an international reputation for steel production and became a significant influencer of the industrial revolution.
Today, with its’ firm links with the Peak District, Sheffield is nationally recognised as the ‘Outdoor City’. It still remains a city of innovation and is a vibrant place to be with a thriving cultural scene and home to a lively student population. The city is host to;
- outdoor events and activities
- award winning theatres and galleries
- museums and heritage
- sport and sporting events
- music events and festivals
- more shopping, restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars
How to get here
We are positioned in the centre of England with excellent transport links to a number of regional airports, making access to Bakewell easy.
All UK airports are served by a number of low-cost economy airlines.
When booking your flight, we recommend using Manchester airport where possible as this is the shortest transfer time to Bakewell however, we are accessible from any UK airport.
Other regional airports include;
- East Midlands
- Leeds Bradford
- Sheffield Doncaster